Saturday 4 July 2015

Will I be Victorian Teacher of the Year 2015?

If you are reading this blog, you know me as a Theatre Reviewer.

You may also know me as a Theatre Director and Playwright.

You my also know that I have a very long history as an Improviser in Australia and the US and that I as a Stand-Up Comedian and Actor for a long time too.

The other stream of my work life has involved 30 years of teaching writing and theatre at tertiary levels.

So, somebody noticed that last bit of my life and evidently thought I was doing a good job at it.

I am one of three finalists short-listed for:

Victorian Training Awards Teacher of the Year 2015.

The Award is for teachers in Vocational Education (VET) and is based on my current work running Professional Writing & Editing courses at Swinburne University and past decades running Theatre training at NMIT, BHI and NICA (all in Victoria, Australia).

The Minister of Education announces the winner at a fancy-schmancy dinner at Crown Palladium on Aug 28.

It sounds like the Oscars of VET teaching.

Fingers crossed!

http://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/awards/Pages/vta.aspx?Redirect=1


No comments:

Post a Comment